Tuesday, May 15, 2012

thirty-two

I turned 32 recently and I loved it.  I have liked my last few birthday's so much more than I ever thought I would at this stage.  I like how much I learn every year.  I do feel like I get a little bit better and maybe a little bit wiser every year and that feels good.

My hatred of laundry has shrunken a tiny smidge.  

I found even more to love about my husband.

I had more "I-love-this-moment-so-much" moments with my kids.

I learned to do a calling that I never thought I would do.

I got a little more comfortable being who I am and feeling how I feel.....and cared what other people thought a little bit less.

I felt a little less guilt for what I perceive are my short-comings.

All in all.....I'm a little bit more comfortable and happy than I was before.  What more can you ask for on a birthday but to have a realization like that?!?!

 Me on my 32nd birthday.....budding wrinkles and all.

 It was such a good day and I felt great.  My family made me feel wonderful but my little Jerrett.....he showered me with love, big time!  I doubt there is a bigger heart than his anywhere.  I got this AWESOME lamp that I've had my eye on for a while.  I don't think I'd have ever bought it myself because I have these little battles with myself about how much something like a LAMP should be allowed to cost.  :)  My awesome husband surprised me with it and I was thrilled.  Jerrett cried that night because he thought I should have more than one present.  That made me cry.  He's so stinkin sweet!  I explained to him how much I wanted this lamp and how happy I was but he still wished for me to have bundles of gifts wrapped with cartoon wrapping paper, helium balloons, and candles. :)
Jason got me a really good carrot cake and the boys happily chowed down.  That's another awesome thing that happened this year.  I learned that I love carrot cake. Crazy but true. And fabulous.

1 comment:

Rikki said...

Happy Birthday!! You have such a sweet son. He sounds like he has a big heart and loves you so much. You're such a good momma. I can tell. I love the things you wrote about your perspective on getting older. Great POST!!