Thursday, May 10, 2012

May Days

 There is nothing like running through grandpa's pasture with a pom-pom and a dandelion seed pod! I love pictures that capture the perfect random childhood moments!


 It's a requirement for my kids to run in the pasture....there is far too much excitement there for walking.  Jerrett running past the corrals and miss Foxy.  

 The kids playing on the same old swingset that I used to play on when I was little.

 The school asked me to create a poster about one of Austin's teachers for teacher appreciation week and it was a fun project and turned out great.  Austin had two teachers this year.  Mrs Eddy taught M and T; Mrs. Denning taught Th and F; they alternated Wed.  They both have young kids they want to be with at home and it seemed to work out just fine.  I really have loved them both.  A couple of weeks ago on a Friday morning Mrs. Denning had to leave suddenly and the principal told the kids she had a family emergency.  We found out the next Monday that Mrs. Dennings husband had died in his sleep that morning she left.  Her husband was 36.  Not sure of all the details but he died of natural causes and Austin heard that he had a seizure.  They have three young children, the oldest of whom is in FIRST GRADE.  It was such a shock and my heart is absolutely broken for her.  The kids sent flowers and made cards.  Mrs. Denning most likely won't be back and Mrs. Eddy will finish full time.  My heart and prayers are with her and I'm reminded to cherish every blessed day with my family.


 Grandma is all smiles after enduring a total knee replacement.  Both of our moms have had one recently and the boys pray for both of their Grandma and Granny every day that their knees will feel better.

 Austin playing third base during baseball practice.  He's been so much more focused this year and this practice was SOOO much fun to watch....Austin played better than I've ever seen him play!

 The kids did surgery on my blackberry.  It was just a backup phone but I still kinda loved it.  The real kicker is that I gave them permission to do it!  I got home on Saturday morning and went to sleep after work.  Sometime that morning I told them they could have it and take it apart!?!? hahaha! The new rule is that they have to ask Jason if I'm asleep!

 An early morning face that I LOVE to wake up to on Sunday mornings.

 Haircut time! Love these cute boys and how anxious they are to get a sucker after their haircuts.


 Trying to cut Grady's hair at home is a bit of a wiggly nightmare.  He held still like a statue for this girl and I was shocked! Maybe it was the tattoos? :)


I see them every year and yet I still just love how a tree full of blossoms make me feel like taking a deep breath and breathing in pure and blissful SPRING!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I love that Grady carefully hung up his pom-pom before swinging.

granny/Lynda said...

Cute pics.
and thanks for the knee prayers!
Love you all