Sunday, May 27, 2012

In the End....

The last week of school was a great week.  I was determined not to overschedule and be too busy....I actually said "no" a couple times to things I was asked to help with....it felt good and kinda liberating. Someone brilliant with West Haven Recreation decided not to schedule any baseball this week.  It was the most I have ever enjoyed the last week of school for sure.

 Erin let Jerrett and Grady come over for a while to play so I could go watch the 3rd grade program.  It was so nice to actually be able to watch and enjoy it without the little ones....thanks Erin!  They did a cute Wizard of Oz themed program.  Austin had a speaking part that he memorized beautifully and the songs were great.  It was a really fun surprise when Austin got a special recognition.  He got to stand and take a bow because he got 100 percent on the language arts Utah state core test.  I was SOOO proud!

 Jerrett, Grady, and I all got to go to his last day of preschool.  We all took treats to share and all the mommas visited while the kids played like crazy.  We got out the wagon and enjoyed a nice walk to preschool.  I told them I was taking a picture and they both shot up some big victory arms....it was pretty funny.









 I got sick of the towel bar....it doesn't work well with little boys.  I found this great hook board online and Jason put it up for me.....I love it and it works so much better for the boys to all have their own towel and their own hook.  I used some vinyl to label above the hooks so there would be no hook confusion.  I love it.

 The third graders were having a drive-in at school and the kids were supposed to make a box car.  We didn't plan ahead and we ended up starting it the night before.  It was simple but it turned out good.  Jason and Austin did a great job and I think they had fun.  

The new playset is up and the kids are enjoying it.  We ordered the rubber playground bark but it hasn't come yet.  The new slide is actually kinda fast and Jerrett decided to try going down it on his feet.  He started on his feet but ended up on his face.  He was one sad little boy and his little face is pretty torn up but I think he learned a good lesson about playing safely.  

1 comment:

granny/lynda said...

Congratulations to AUSTIN! Wish I could have been there!
I hope Jerrett's face is feeling better!
I love the trampoline lowered like that~