Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Spring Training Trip - The Recreation

Besides getting to enjoy some Angels baseball, we had a blast doing other fun things too.  

 Zak and Jason got to do some golfing.  Our little trunk was about to burst with all our bags, bedding AND a huge golf bag but Jason packed it really well and made it work.  Zak is one of Jason's favorite golfing buddies so they had an awesome day.



 Zak and Brynn have this big boxer named Rio.  He is the sweetest dog ever but we were a little worried about Grady because he typically is terrified of dogs.  He will climb up my body like a scared cat at the sight of our neighbors TINY miniture pinscher.  He did so awesome.  Rio is big but calm and quiet and Grady got used to him very quickly.

 Jerrett and Jet playing on the couch

 We had so much fun using their pool.  We swam everyday and soaked up the PERFECT 85 degree weather as much as we could.

 Jason and Grady

 Jerrett getting used to the water

 Grady and Brynn at the hot tub.  The kids went back and forth from the pool to the hot tub nonstop.  One of us usually sat at the hot tub and one of us at the pool so there was always a "lifeguard" on duty.




 Austin is a swimming maniac and he seems to love a warm sun.  Austin still does a lot of doggie paddling and it was amazing to watch how much energy he exerted all day.  He truly would almost pass out at about 7:30 every night.  One day when we went out to the pool he jumped into the pool, climbed out, and said, "Ahh, I couldn't be any happier!"  He cracks me up.

 Grady had lots of fun doing Jet's puzzles.  

 Brynn and I took the kids to the park one day and they happily played like crazy.  I asked them all to go to the bathroom before we left to walk to the park.  Of course as soon as we got there, Jerrett and Grady BOTH had to go with no restroom in sight.  We disturbed the wild rabbits in their bushy homes and used the dry riverbed nearby....and prayed not to get a public urination citation. :)




 Grady and Jet walking back with dirty clothes and dirty faces.



 We got back and fed the kids lunch and they were excited to go swimming.....we looked over at Jet and he was fast asleep.   My boys and I swam by ourselves that day so Jet could catch up on his sleep. :)
 Grady getting into Brynn's Doritos....if there is food, he senses it and will not stop till he find it! :)

 Grady taking a break.  We are still working on the thumb and finger sucking.  I told him that he REALLY shouldn't do it in front of Brynn who is one year away from being a dentist....but it didn't seem to bother him. :)


 Austin made this little friend named Gabriella.  She was also a third grader and she followed closely behind him everywhere he went.  If he jumped in, she jumped in....if he went to the hot tub, she went too.  It was very funny to watch but he didn't seem to mind.

 Jet and Grady working hard at the chalkboard.  They pretty much always had chalky little hands and faces.

 bald and aerodynamic underwater Jason :)


 Jason and Jerrett 

 Jerrett and cute little Jetton Krew




 Grady finally embracing and learning to trust his arm floaties. 


 Grady got kinda grumpy while swimming one afternoon so I wrapped him in a towel, settled into a chair under an umbrella and he was soon asleep.  I loved cuddling him while he slept and just LOVED smelling my little buddy who smelled like a mixture of sunscreen, salt water (from the pool), chlorine, and arm floatie plastic.  I decided that it was one of the best smells on earth.  Wish it came in a scentsy bar.


 Jason and Zak watched the kids one night and Brynn took me to Scottsdale to do some shopping.  This girl is a shopping guru.  Every place we went was honestly not somewhere that I'd probably usually be drawn to check out but I certainly learned a few things from her.  It was so much fun.  I walked away with a ton of name-brand clothes for super cheap, designer sunglasses for practically pennies, super-heavenly handmade natural body products, and some oatmeal cookie flavored frozen yogurt which was without a doubt, one of the best things I have ever eaten. Ever.  IT WAS CRAZY FUN!  Here's the guru finding some jewelry bargains at Nordstrom of all places.  

 Jerretts new swim trunks/rash gaurd combo that I scored for three dollars from the last-chance Nordstrom store (like, even after "The Rack").  That place was crazy but awesome.  I got three pair of Calvin Klein capri's for five bucks each.  I got two big bags of other stuff there and would have gotten even more but I knew that getting it packed into the car was already going to be difficult....dang golf clubs :)


 Jerrett and Jet zoomed from one end of the pool to the other in their arm floaties.

 Grady sat on this rug to pout

I joked with Brynn that I felt like I should be fanning her with a palm frond. :)  She's pretty fabulous looking but the most awesome, laid-back, sweet girl ever.  

 Late at night we would watch a bunch of DVR'd episodes of "Color Splash" from HGTV.....Brynn and I found lots to love and Zak and Jason found lots to make fun of.  It was so funny.

 Zak, Austin, and Rio playing some Wii.

 Zak and Jason had fun playing a big PS3 baseball tournament.  Zak is so much cooler than us.....he supplies all the major gaming systems for his guests enjoyment. 


No comments: