Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Birth of Yolko and Mario

I love the reason for Easter and remembering Christ's Resurrection and his sacrifice for us.  But a lot of the other parts of Easter I don't love.  I don't know why but I just don't get a whole lot of excitement about egg hunts, Easter baskets, and I just don't love the Easter Bunny thing.  

I felt bugged about feeling pressure to dye eggs.  But as I watched my boys excitedly planning out how they wanted to dye their eggs, watched their creativity,  watched the drying rack fill up with vibrant colors, and smelled that faint familiar vinegar smell of the dye.....I was really glad we were doing it.  I was glad to whip out my cell phone and snap a few pictures.  Someday they'll smell hard-boiled eggs and vinegar dye and remember that we used to do this.  They love it, it's their memories, and so we do it.  Two days of dye-stained skin is not THAT big of a deal. :)



 This was Austin's egg he drew a face on and named "Yolko". :)  Jerrett made one named "Mario".  Everything is all about Mario these days for Jerrett.  



1 comment:

granny/lynda said...

fun Easter. The boy's colored Easter eggs are very pretty and as usual the boys look SO handsome in their Sunday best!!!!