Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spring Break Project

Last summer I started thinking about making a chore board and started making plans for it.  Over spring break I finally made it.....it turned out quite different from my original plans but I really like it.  I painted an old bulletin board that had been hanging around our house doing nothing for a long time.  I decided on the wording I wanted and custom ordered the vinyl.  I positioned the wording, framed small white boards with ribbon, and added matching felt blooms that I made.  We had a RS activity in our ward where one of the girls taught different way to do them.....everyone else was making them for girls clothing and hairbows.  My boys aren't really into wearing blooms, it's weird. :)  Happily I finally found a place to use them so I went to town with my hot glue gun.

 The boys can see their chores ahead of time and know what is expected the next day.  That seems to work best for them.  If I dictate chores on the spot they will do them but there is a lot more whining involved.  


 I have a place to plan out things that I need to get done during the week too.  Jason has the same chores that don't change a whole lot so he isn't included on our chore board. 


Our new chore board resides in the laundry room.  It's part of a new laundry room revamp that I'm having fun with lately. :)

4 comments:

Anita Preece said...

What a cute idea! You are so creative! Love it!

Creating Sarah said...

Nice work. I'm trying to come up with a design for a chore chart in my home. This has offered some good inspiration! Thanks!

KC Coake said...

Looks so cute! I love the saying you have at the top!

granny/lynda said...

Will you stop all these cuter than cute ideas already!! Makes me feel quite lazy and unorganized.
love you and as always, VERY PROUD OF YOU!!!