Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The "Launderette"

I really need to charge my camera battery because I've been using my cell camera way too much lately.  I've been working on my little laundry room.....and while these are all small changes....they absolutely make me feel better when I'm in there and I have been enjoying the task more.  I don't want it to get messy and overrun with clothes.  I really, really don't.....it's too cute now for that. :)

 The vinyl was already in there but I just painted and sanded an old broken frame and asked Jason to drill a couple holes in it for me.  Hung it with a ribbon and added a bloom and I think it's pretty cute.

 Ok....I don't really need these things to be in glass jars but I do like how simple laundry supplies can become kinda pretty to look at.  Here's the biggest reason for this change:  The top of the dryer is now off limits for dumping clean clothes!!!

 My little cup of white board supplies for my new chore board.

 The one big shelf now hold baskets so I can store more things without it looking too crazy up there.  This big basket is for taller bottles and spray cleaners.  I've had those little rose pots since our newlywed apartment days....I just added a ribbon.  I must have known way back then that they'd someday match my "Launderette". :)





 Blessed pretty labels....I love them.  I probably should invest in a laminating machine since I've been going nuts making and laminating labels lately....oooooh and a Silhouette machine so I can label every stinkin thing we own! :)

I kinda want to paint the shelf and brackets bright red now.....it still looks so beige in here to me.....but I hate painting so much so I'm doubtful it will ever happen.  I told Jason I want a small chandelier from Ikea in here and he finally couldn't hold back his eye-rolls anymore. "It's a LAUNDRY ROOM!!" he said.   I set him straight about it being a "Launderette" now and how it's okay for a Launderette to have a chandelier.  :)  I have these non-HE appliances that look so uncool but are fabulous little workhorses and the Launderette is a great place to be.  

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

DARLING! I love it all! Good job!!!

Rikki said...

Darling!! I love that you call it a launderette. As it should be! I love the chandalir s/p? idea.

The Robinson's said...

Way cute and creative! Nice work:)

granny/lynda said...

I'd say your cute Launderette makes most of our "laundry rooms" look like a monster inhabits the room. You just put me to shame. ABSOLUTELY darling!!!!!