Valentines Day was so fun....I had a good time trying to think of little things I could do to make the day special. Special it was. My little Jerrett was especially eager to express that it was the best V-day ever.
I made this little "52 things I Love About You" book for Jason out of a deck of cards from one of our trips to Vegas. It turned out pretty cute. I helped my work friends make one for their spouses too and they were a big hit. Thanks again to pinterest.
For the record, coming up with 52 things I love about Jason was not in the least bit hard.....I could have gone on and on about him through several decks of cards. I love the guy like crazy.
Jerrett excited to take his valentines to preschool.
Grady and I went to do some V-day shopping and when he saw these little glasses he begged to try them on. You look studly Grady!
Killing some time outside before we can go pick up Jerrett.
A dog came and Grady became attached to my leg.
Not too thrilled about the cold Valentines wind.
A little boy can not resist a big pile of gravel.
A little kid thrilled about getting his own big kid treat.
Got these cute cookies at Macey's for a buck a piece.
The heart men were also at Macey's for 1.99$ The smiles and heart man puppet shows that happened made them worth every penny.
Walking to pick up Jerrett, Grady leans forward and listens to see if there is a dog close. Dogs are scary but also very intriguing to him.
Jerrett is thrilled with all the darling little surprises he got from his friends.
Little heart sandwiches for late afternoon.
Jerrett made this at preschool and was thrilled to give it to me....isn't it so cute?
The boys' friends Maddie and Hallie brought over these cute heart suckers - cute and yummy !
Steph made German Chocolate cupcakes and shared with us. My silly boys requested none of the delicious coconut frosting I guess because it didn't look like regular frosting. Don't worry, I'll work on them. They must learn about the divinity that is coconut frosting.
Austin had a great day with all his friends in 3rd grade.
This was one of the valentines he got from his friend Isaac. It was all wrapped up in cellophane with ribbons. Wow right? I was really ambitious and sent a bag of ring pops. :)
If you have to do homework on a Valentines day it's only fair that you get to have conversation hearts to chomp on.
Getting ready for their special V-Day dinner complete with candles.
Not for romance but just a special ambiance . :)
I love how happy and excited they get over a 30 second centerpiece. Those little efforts are so worth it !
Heart pizza from Papa Murphy's
Didn't really think that Valentines Day could be just as fun as bigger holidays....oh but it was!
Austin cracking up at something Jason is doing. How fun it is to have a funny daddy.
Obviously Grady is starting to get tired. :)
My sweet family gave me some darling cards with precious handwritten sentiments inside and a chick flick. LOVE!!
Thanks Jason....you are so awesome. I'm fully aware everyday how completely insanely lucky I am to be in love with and be loved by a man like you.
3 comments:
Love the heart cookies! We had the heart pizza from Papa Murphy's too:)
**Sigh** All your ideas are so cute. You make me feel like a lazy loser because I never do anything for holidays. When I grow up, I want to be DeAnna.
You're such an awesome mother. Your ideas are so stinkin' cute!!
Post a Comment