We have a guy who lives in our neighborhood who is one of the main audio guys at the conference center. He does the Motab shows, conference, the Christmas program.....he's a busy and obviously very talented guy. He used to be a sound guy for several country artists (even Brad Paisley) but he totally loves his job working for the church. For our RS activity he agreed to take us on a behind the scenes tour and I'm so glad I went. Absolutely an eye opener at how many people are involved and how much work goes into things that appear to be really simple. We heard awesome stories and met great people who are always doing work that many people probably don't even know happens. I'm sure that this was one of the most fascinating tours I will ever go on in my life. I almost didn't go because I was super sleep deprived from work the night before and being up all day after. One of those times I was really glad I toughed it out.
Me sitting in President Monson's chair......some of the chairs are customized for the needs of the General Authority. The first presidency's chairs have speakers in the wings so they can really hear well. Chris told us to dress casual and everyone there was dressed casual but at this moment I have never wished to be wearing a dress so much. And I NEVER wish to be wearing a dress.
Chris and our YW president Shannon at the sound booth. Chris played some tracks recorded from the David Archuleta Christmas concert and showed us how he can isolate it down to a single instrument....it was incredible to be a tiny group in that huge room listening to such moving music. I got to go to the show when it happened and it was awesome to relive it for a few minutes and get goosebumps all over again.
Us on the stage in the theater. We even linked up and did a chorus line. Hopefully nobody was watching because I'm sure it was horrifying. :)
Up in the very very top & some of the women wouldn't go.....I wasn't scared but being able to see through the floor to the ground over a hundred feet below did have a bit of a dizzying effect on me.
Looking down from a catwalk was awesome !
Us in the choir loft....the organ pipes behind us.
Us at the pulpit. The little stories we heard were incredible and it was so neat to hear about how much employees there approach their jobs in a prayerful way.










3 comments:
Sounds like it was pretty amazing. It always blows me away to see how big that place is.
Wow!! What an interesting post. How awesome it must have been to be there and actually sit in President Monson's chair! Your pic is adorable~~
What a neat experience.
Post a Comment