Thursday, January 19, 2012

Little Snippets

snippets:

 I made these for our moms for Christmas.....of course it was something I saw on pinterest.  A photo of us, some scrapbook paper, a tile, an easel, mod podge, and a cute ribbon.  I decided I wanted one too so this one is mine and I'm showing it at a distance for a reason.  These were super fun to make but it turns out that I kinda suck at mod podge. :)  I have since learned a few tricks that would have helped me greatly on these but oh well......live and learn!  This one had the most wrinkles which is why it became the one I kept. :)  But you know, those wrinkles are kinda filled with love and the evidence of the labors of a well-meaning but unskilled person! hahaha - I kinda like the wrinkles.
 A picture of Austin reading a week after Christmas.  I am LOVING how willing this kid is to read.  He likes xbox too but he is getting to where he's pretty good at self-regulated balance.  He came home yesterday and dove into an afternoon with a Harry Potter book.  Then he helped me put laundry away and very sweetly entertained Grady with his trains for a while.  Then happily got dressed for his bear den meeting, came home, ate dinner, and went to bed to read for a bit.  I love this kid, he's a keeper.
Walking out of the hospital one morning and I just loved how the trees looked bombarded with fresh snow.  Finally starting to get a little snow here and there which makes me happy.  I love winter and the beauty that it can bring.  I almost wanted to go plant my butt on that snowy bench and just gaze at all the snowy trees.....almost. :)  Having a dry butt for the car ride home won out.  All the seasons have their upsides and their downsides but what I love most is the FLOW of all them.  In Utah they all overlap all over each other.  I picture them shoving and throwing elbows to get the most time.....but it's kinda a cool thing really......I like to expect the unexpected, in matters of weather anyway.  A week of spring followed by a snowstorm, then 80 degrees, then another snowstorm?  In May?  Sure! Bring it on!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should send that snow picture into KSL. You could be featured in the 2013 calendar!!

Anita Preece said...

DeAnna!
You are such a doll. I just love reading your blog! The picture of your three boys (black and white) is priceless! What an amazing mom you are!
Anita

granny/lynda said...

This "Mom" loves the cute picture you handmade of your beautiful family and I display it proudly. I have ALWAYS loved the special many wonderful handmade gifts you have blessed me with over the years!

Love that Austin. His father would NEVER read~
And that winter pic is AWESOME!!! Your Mom is correct, share it with KSL!! MRS TALENTED FIFE