Saturday, June 16, 2012

My Cute June Bugs.....

Hands down, blogging is harder in the summer.  There is so much going on.  So many other things I'd rather be doing than sitting at my hot laptop.  However, because there is so much going on.....there is so much to love, so many pictures to document.  A girl I know teased me recently about how much I gush about summer and I had to laugh.  The bottom line is that I get more rest....I feel better in the summer.  Austin is around and he is the best helper in the whole world.  He's so good to the little boys.  The boys play harder, stay up a little later, sleep in a little longer....there is just an abundance of GOOD.

Water gun battle and a little man trying to hide from the liquid shrapnel. 

 In order to stay a registered polysomnographer....I have to get continuing education credits and re-certify every five years.  This is me modeling some HAWT cpap gear at an education event in Salt Lake.  I still really like my job and I love the research and development that is going into sleep medicine and pap therapy....so many more options than there was just 8-9 years ago when I started.  Staying home is always my favorite thing but with that being said......my gratitude for my awesome job is sky high.

 I was pouring over this Anthropologie catalog in the backyard and Grady came and snatched it from me.  He looked through half of it, threw it down and said, "I hate this story!"  Sorry Anthro....Grady is not impressed.  He is so incredibly funny.

 I think my kids know Lagoon better than our own neighborhood but there is still something they love about a big colorful map.

 Grady is always stylin with his hat off-center.


 It started to rain and we took refuge inside the Pioneer Village Arbys....a dry booth, roast beef, and hot curly fries were just the ticket.







 After eating we ran from building to building, ducking the rain, and the boys seemed so genuinely happy to laugh and be together.  I remember thinking again and again that this was a truly charming afternoon.

 The antique baby in Pioneer Village that Grady is afraid of.....he totally hates it! :)


 We've moved outside and the backyard is such a fabulous place to be.  The outdoor saddle rug is new this year & was a rare Joss & Main splurge....a splurge by my standards anyway.....I couldn't afford a bigger one.....but I still love it so much. :)

 Cold grapes. Hot day. Backyard. The best!

 I want a chipped and peeling old white picket fence....isn't it great?


 Strawberry shortcake at Grandma's.....Grandma is good at having seasonal perfection food at her house.


3 comments:

lhhadley said...

Loving Summer already:) I love the first picture, so cute!

granny/lynda said...

What a GREAT Mom you are! Those cute grandsons are SOOO lucky! And Jason is SOOOO funny! He has ALWAYS made me laugh! Love your blog~~

granny/lynda said...

PLEASE let me go shopping with you. I promise I won't ask for much~~ lol You find the coolest stuff. I'm looking for an old fashioned milk can in fairly good shape, to decorate and you are the one to help me find it! I'll even spring for lunch!

Your Mom is the best cook. The boys are lucky to have her in their life. i just love her! That dessert looks YUM!