Saturday, March 10, 2012

Blue & Gold

If you would have told me a few years ago that I'd be a den leader in cub scouts I guarantee that my reaction would have been something along the lines of  "please no.....I don't get it.....I am not THAT mom....I can't.....I don't want to...please don't ask me to do that".

A funny thing happens when I stretch outside of my comfort zone. I often end up comfortable, happy, fulfilled, rewarded.  

It's been almost a year and I kinda love cub scouts.  Who'd have thunk it?


Our Blue and Gold Banquet was a construction theme and it turned out great.  I'm glad that Austin will remember that not only did he participate in cub scouts but that we did all of it together.  



 After dinner and awards we split up into some little workshops where the boys honed their skills with different construction-based activites.  Jason helping Austin and his friend Jace learn to measure accurately.

 Austin and Jace practicing driving and removing nails...I seriously love seeing the boys learning things that every boy needs to know.

 Driving screws

 Small buildings

 Marshmallow/toothpick structure design



A great bald & shiny head is always the best display station.

1 comment:

Anita Preece said...

I love the look on Jason's face! I'm so happy you love scouting! It was some of the best years of my life.