Tuesday, October 23, 2012

October Magic

 October always delivers fall magic.....we seriously love fall around here!

Jason enjoyed the extended archery hunt this year and got this young buck.....I think fried venison and venison jerky is awesome so I'm always happy for a deer.  During the regular archery season in August the deer look a little scraggly since they are halfway through their coat changing....but I love how a deer harvested in October is so beautiful, gray, slicked off.   I love my bowhunter! 


 The view from the clubhouse....my cute boys enjoying the awesome weather.

 With the fall comes the gorgeous magazines with their comforting and indulgent recipes.....the desire to drink cocoa and do cozy things.  I have very often been doing just this.....tucked into my living room....not doing as much laundry as I should....soaking into everything I love about fall.  And yes, I really like to stretch out flip-flop season for as long as I can stand it! :)  

 I'm not sure if I've mentioned it on this blog before or not but I think Lagoon is really fun. ;) haha
 The warm, buttery corn from the Olde Mill in Pioneer Village feels like the right thing to eat on a crisp fall night.





 Scary and Crows straw maze is totally cute and all the fun characters have cute surprises for the kids....they love it.
 It's pretty rare that we go to Lagoon and don't indulge Grady on going to the model train museum.  

 I love to notice cool old lighting fixtures and want all of them. :)


 Caramel Apples were very called-for.


 Love the eerie lighting on the roller coaster....:)

 The gorgeous miss Reagan joined me, Erin, Mel, and my Mom on a little outing to Gardner Village.  
 This girl is GREAT shopper and so stinkin cute!
One of my kids favorite games involves me chasing them around and pretending to puke on them when I catch them.....I've lived with boys for a long time. :) haha

 Our little chin-up champion.....he is crazy strong!

 His Matthews bow is his baby....to say he loves it just wouldn't cover it.

Jerrett and his best friend and cousin Luke. 


 I think I'll always keep the passports from Lagoon as they are great reminders of some fabulous summer and fall days with my boys.  

 A morning play-date with Luke and Cam to the Island of Sodor.


 I ordered an extra toolbox kit for my little cub-scout wannabe and he was in heaven.  He had so much fun building his toolbox with Jason after the cub scouts got done with theirs. 

 Me, a pillow, my sister and a pirate.....Gardner Village.
I LOVE the village quilt shop and I could not say no to this colorful beauty of a quilt.....there is something that just screams "SPECIAL" about a nice quilt.  I am in LOVE with this quilt. Having several great bed making options inspires me to want to make my bed more often.....still, far from everyday but hey....progress is always good. 

 I think it's a charming place to spend the day.....a bit too busy for my taste on UEA weekend but still charming. :)

 Witch-go-round

 Busted stealing his dad's mints. I like him. :)

 Hot Cocoa at Archibalds...mmmm

 Playing with their good friend Hallie.
 My last school-less kid enduring tons of kisses.

 I woke up at 5:30am the morning after I got my quilt and had to make my bed a few times. :) lol....I'm a freak.  This whole quilt business is just quite satisfying. 


Graves, scarecrows and spooks at Frightmares.....so fun.


1 comment:

granny/Lynda said...

You guys have SOOO much fun! I love all the pics and the quilt is beautiful. Congrats Jason on your bow hunt. GOOD JOB