Jason and I have been in cub scouts for about six months now and I'm getting more and more comfortable with it. In September, I went to my first Pinewood Derby. It was definitely one of the funnest parts of cub scouts so far. Austin had a car and Jason and I had a car as leaders. While they weren't super fast cars they were so cute and we had an awesome time making them and racing them.
Our cute cars.....Yoshi is Austin's car and Donkey is mine and Jason's.
Some of the cars....weighed in, approved, and ready to race!
It was fun to use this digital track- results and MPH popped up instantly on the screen at the end of each race. These people we hired were awesome. Very well organized system and a new race starting about every minute. Every car raced each lane four times and then they averaged the times at the end to display the winners.
Austin and Jared visiting with our Bishop.
Our cars finally getting to race each other
We had an "open event" after the cubs raced for anyone in the ward to race new or old cars. We made it a fundraising event and everyone paid a 10$ entry fee to race. We had a great turnout and tons of cars. The energy level went through the roof during the open event and it was hilarious seeing all kinds of people from the ward getting so into it. I loved the box of crayons car that an older lady in our ward made!
After racing the boys all got a car slider for their neckerchiefs. I got to glue all those together but it was worth it cause they turned out great and the boys loved them.
Cubmaster Kim in the background. I had a funny feeling of dread when I saw one of my old math teachers from Fremont come walking in the door that night.....because math was my nightmare. Turned out she is Kim's mom and was coming to support us!
I loved the pink "High Heel" car too. It was all glittery and blinged out with zebra lining....so cute!
Let's just get this out in the open right now.......I like cub scouts but I HATE wearing a scout shirt :)
After all the racing the track people put on a loop-de-loop for a few more minutes of fun. It was fun to see which cars could make it through without crashing. Our definitely crashed....every time. :)
2 comments:
I was just thinking how cute you looked in your scout shirt. We have been den leaders 2 times and I am in scouts again, they really think I need a shirt. Won't be as cute on me, you are rocking it!
I didn't know people got so creative with their cars. I like the high heel one too. I also liked the one the the swimsuit clad barbie riding on top.
Post a Comment