I like my vacation posts....its fun to remember our great trip. I know it's not very interesting to anyone else but it a good place to document and it's like free photo back-up! :)
I think that Roatan was my favorite port we visited. We got to see a good chunk of the island on our way to Gumbalimba and it was quite pretty. I think Roatan is a place that would be great to visit again someday. This was the only day that we had the same excursion with Erin and Alex and that made it even that much more fun. We visited Gumbalimba and went into the jungle area a little bit. It was beautiful but the tour was a little bit too long I thought. It had a strange air-conditioned pirate cave that really was more like a museum with live bats inside....it was a little bit strange. The forest was really beautiful though...so much pretty foliage. We also got to see some fun animals there too.
Afterwards we boarded the "Jolly Roger" catamaran and headed out to a reef....supposedly they have the second largest barrier reef in the world. We did some snorkeling that Jason and I thought was nothing short of AMAZING! It was SOOO neat. We saw so many cool things. Pictures of that to come later.
On our way to Gumbalimba
A big brown lizard
Jason and Alex trying to be really interested in hearing about native plants...haha :)
The weird air-conditioned pirate cave....we saw some bats in there too....I am not kidding, if they had started flying around in there I would have LOST it!!!
This is a mural inside the cave that depicted Spanish conquistadors enslaving natives and forcing them into Catholicism.
Me on the rope bridge. I decided to sleep in later on this day and all the pictures with me in them are even uglier than usual! :) uggg!
There was this lady crossing this bridge in front of us and she was so funny. She was so nervous and making such weird movements that made the whole thing sway really bad. She about cried at the other side when she finally got off. I wanted to grab her and say, "LOOK! JUST WALK LIKE NORMAL AND IT WONT SWAY!" She was so upset it was hilarious!
The guides told us that the Macaws really like to pull the snap off the top of baseball caps. Jason tested his and thought it was really on there tight and that there was no way a bird was getting it off. Here is Jason and the Macaw who already, after about 2 seconds, has the hat button in its beak.
The guides warned us that if one of the monkeys took something from you that you need to just let them have it. If you resisted them they may attack you. They look little and cute but I bet getting a monkey bite doesn't feel very good!
The monkey wants Jason's necklace. Luckily he got distracted and gave up on it.
The natives call these "rabbits"....um no....not rabbits at all. They were about the size of rabbits but much more like a very big yucky rodent!
The first iguana we saw
These ones were all gathered together in the sun
Setting Sail on the Jolly Roger
The Honduras Flag
Jolly Roger crew....William on the far right was in the water with us and he swims more like a fish than a person. He was awesome....he rode back to the port with us and was seriously hilarious.
It was seriously a gorgeous day....**sigh**I wish so bad I was there again right now!
Roatan is so lush!! The water is so pretty and clear and warm!
3 comments:
Looks beautiful!!! Someday I'll go on a cruise.....
I AM KICKING MYSELF FOR NOT GOING WITH YOU GUYS :(
Love the pictures! Oh how I want to go somewhere tropical. (I think I mentioned this on another post:)
Post a Comment