The weather in Cozumel was quite overcast and rainy when we first arrived. Weren't sure if we'd get to do our excursion or not. They delayed it an hour to see if the weather would improve and thankfully it did so we were able to go. We booked an excursion at every port and they all really turned out to be very fun. On this day we did sailing, snorkeling, and beach with Fury Catamarans while Alex and Erin headed to the Mexico mainland to see the Tulum ruins. There were soooo many little places to shop near the port and we bought the kids some little hand-painted maracas and a few things. We had a really nice day! It's cool how everyone in these tourist areas speaks English....it was kinda funny to realize that I needed Spanish less while on Mexican soil than I do at home working in the sleep lab! :)
Not in order but here's some pictures of our day:
Had an awesome day at the port....in the ocean....and on the beach. Here we are getting ready to get back on the Glory.
I was pretty glad I had my hat since after snorkeling and sailing my hair was in some major knots.
This was at a little restaurant that sat right on the shoreline.
The pier and the nose of the Glory at the end
These guys were great singing for everyone in the port....I guess the third one was in the restroom or something. :)
While shopping Jason stopped for a photo op with some huge boots and guns. :)
This was the beach the Fury took us to after we snorkeled on the reef. It was private for our group and so beautiful!
We were more interested in laying in our lounge chairs so we didn't play on these but they did look fun!
The overcast skies started to part a little later and let the sun through...it was hot and humid all day. Relaxing in the heat felt awesome. I kept thinking of how cold my feet always are at home. :)
This guy in the center of the photo was one of the crew members on the Fury. Looks kinda like Mexican Johnny Depp, right? I kinda felt bad for him cause all the ladies on the boat were draping themselves all over him for pictures and in many cases it would have been impossible for him to view that as a good thing. :) His name was Nacho. :)
Jason hiding
This is Jason mocking an exuberant lady who had just struck this same pose a moment before. Hopefully she didn't see it. :) haha
I'll post some snorkeling pics in a later post
3 comments:
That looks like such a good vacation! I couldn't help but laugh at your speaking Spanish more at the sleep lab. It's so true! ha ha
We were late getting back from the mainland, so we didn't really get to see any of Cozumel. You're pics look so fun. I like the pic of all the hanging pinatas. It reminds me of Three Amigos were they break into El Guapo's compound during the party.
How fun! I want to travel to somewhere "tropical" after seeing these pictures:) We loved the ruins in Cancun. The pictures don't do it justice.
Post a Comment