Wednesday, March 13, 2013

California Vacation Part 3 -Legoland

Legoland got mixed reviews from our family.  Our kids thought it was cool and worthwhile.  It has a lot to offer the little kids.  For the first couple hours in the morning it was pretty cool.  Then it got hotter, it got crowded, the lines became unbearable, our feet were aching, and it got to be a brutal experience for Jason and I.  The feelings of being impressed by all the things built from lego's began to wear off.  The long lines for very blah rides started to get irritating.  The community bins of legos began to look very dirty and yucky.  The park started feeling more and more overpriced.  We stayed from open to close because our kids were having fun.  We smiled and waited in lines, took pictures and stayed positive....but I'd look at Jason and we'd give each other knowing smiles and I could see  that he was in survival mode and I felt the same way! :) haha

Glad our kids got to experience Legoland once, but I think it's safe to say that we won't be heading back.









 The mini-land was the best part in my opinion.  We hit it in the morning and it was cool and quiet.  They have built little lego replicas of cities across the US.  They have moving parts and sounds.  The attention to detail was neat.
 Also in mini-land was a Star Wars area where they have built a scene from each of the six movies and one from the Clone Wars.  Austin was a big fan and we went to this area twice at his request.  

 Chewy and R2D2

In the Castle and Knights land the boys rode these little galloping lego horses and they had fun.





 This guy has some sweet tourist fashion.

 Helicopters....oh the line for this ride that gives you about 30 seconds to go and up down on a pole....it was just unbelievable.

 The Lego Duplo land is like a whole little town for little kids.  Jerrett and Grady loved it.  Jason watched them play there for a while while I took Austin to find something that was more suited for his age.



 This lego guy made Grady a little nervous.....I understand buddy!







 Austin and I waited over an hour in line for this car ride thing that we pedaled ourselves. I dont mind pedaling but waiting an hour to go 0.5 miles per hour on a grubby-looking 1 minute "ride" was.....really sucky. Maybe the biggest problem is that Legoland thinks it is in league with SeaWorld and Disney....I mean, we paid MORE for Legoland than blessedly fantastic Sea World.  Legoland, please, lets be realistic. 
 He smiled and helped me forget about how bugged I was.  I love him so much.
 I love this photo!  Jason is a good Daddy and a really good sport!




 This was a cute little mariachi band.  They moved their instruments and their eyes, eyebrows, and mustaches  moved to the music.

 This was a rescue race.  You pump your truck to the building, jump out, spray the "fire", jump back in and race back....the goal being to try and beat the other trucks.  Austin, Grady, and I lost to Jason and Jerrett.  
 See the sign in our truck?  There is only so much you can do to help a four year old hold on well enough in a vehicle that you stand up in.  In the next moment he was flying backwards....poor kid!  








 The boys and Boba Fett





 There's Luke hanging under the Imperial Walker




 BONK!....Jerrett just bumped his head on Vader's hand....ouch!

 New Orleans
 I guess now I can say that I've seen Mardi Gras :)
How funny is this?  Turns out boys will even check out a Lego Lady....hahaha!



A lego encrusted Kia






A lego family we met in the parking lot :)

The next four days had some serious magic and happiness in store for us.....

2 comments:

granny/Lynda said...

Absolutely amazing pics. The boys look sooo happy. I can't believe those little cities. WOW

Erin said...

Oh man, I love that Lego lady pic:)