Saturday, March 9, 2013

2013....Go!

I feel like since January 1st I have been continually presented with opportunities for learning something.  I've been given opportunities to feel joy and I'm thankful that I didn't ignore those chances and glad that I just dove in head-first.  I feel so happy, so blessed, so thankful.  

 January chill....icicles still kinda blow my mind....it doesn't matter how many times I've seen icicles it is still just really cool that water can freeze this way.  Plus, icicles are like free glass to break without consequences! Doesn't it feel quite satisfying to throw an icicle against the concrete and watch it shatter? All of us enjoy this concept.

 Grady's little truck has some serious 4 wheel drive.  He gets kinda bored when the big boys are at school but I love having him around and often I secretly love all his little shenanigans.

 My tired and hard-working husband sometimes comes home and crashes on my shoulder or on my lap and I enjoy those moments with him.  It gives me a chance to really think about what he is doing 5-6 days a week for me and our boys....the hard physical toll it takes on his body.  He must really love us.  He takes care of us and our life is what it is only because of him.  Appreciate you EVERYDAY Honey.

 Cousin Cassie had a very cute wedding reception....she married a fellow outdoor enthusiast, Peter.  The darling cake was made by cousin Rachel and the leaves are real leaves from Monroe Mountain.  They cut the cake with an engraved hatchet....so cute.

 Snowy day play date with Maddie and Hallie.

 My studious little man....he has learned so much this year.  He has an amazing teacher that we just love.  He has become quite self-motivated when it comes to his homework.  He's been picking up some time-management skills.  Parent Teacher Conferences have never been so joyous....I'm so proud of him!

A new blog book arrived and it is a priceless treasure.....the boys are thrilled to go through them too. 

I'm thankful for this beautiful way of recording our history.

1 comment:

granny/Lynda said...

The BLOG BOOK is such an awesome way of keeping all the great blogs you have taken the time to do.
So great that Austin is doing so well. We all knew he would from the get-go. One smart, handsome kid!!