Sunday, August 26, 2012

Mini Hunt

The past couple years we've been enjoying the fine occasion of the mini hunt.  We take the kids and our trailer down south and get set for main event.  I LOVE it.  It's short but so enjoyable to know that it's just the beginning.  
Big news:  This year I conquered a big scary task.  I pulled the trailer. To Salt Lake.  Into the city. By myself.   I think it's so scary to not be able to see behind me.  If I had to back up for some reason, I would probably just have to call the police and wait for them to come help me. :)  Thankfully Jason meticulously mapped out my route for me and told me exactly when to change lanes and all of that.  It went pretty smoothly and I feel totally accomplished. ha

Stopping at Scipio for a potty break and a big cheesy smile!

 Grady talked Daddy into some pink popcorn that is STILL all over the back seat of the truck. :(

 Jerrett and I saw this little buck that he called "Elliott" because he had only one antler. :)

 After finding our new camp Jason and Grady are at the edge of the cliff looking around and taking pictures....the view was awesome!


 My little scientist studying a track.

 Checking out a little path near camp

 Grady likes to play Cougar. :)

 Jason holding up this huge bumble bee after it flew into his face.

 I once told Jerrett that I liked indian paintbrush wildflowers and now he always gets me a few. :)



 Grady doesn't want to help set up camp.

 A nutty man on a ledge. 



I LOVE this face!  Grady is not impressed. :)


 Exploring some fabulous woods.

 Sky dart tournament time!


Late night game time!  He couldn't beat me at anything all weekend.....even games of pure luck. :)

 Jerrett snuggling Grady.....so cute.



 The boys found a little game trail on the hillside and they loved to stop an analyse tracks and scat they would find.  Loved it!
 Poor old "Robinson Canyon" is hammered and it's crazy sad.

 Who knew this is what a baby pinecone looks like.....not me.  One of the many things that I kick myself for not noticing before. 

3 comments:

Erin said...

I'm going to have to start going early too to set up camp. Its a great excuse to spend more time down there. I wounldn't be brave enough to pull a trailer to S.L. I can't even back up a flat bed let alone a camping trailer. Great job.

Erin said...

I love Grady's big cheesy grins!

granny/Lynda said...

Way to pull that trailer by yourself!!! Great pics